Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cacao withdrawals and conscious language

I took a break from cacao and goji berries the last 5 days and all I could think about that entire time was how much I missed them! It was an involuntary break- I ran out and was waiting to purchase them locally from Raw Vegan Source, the largest raw and vegan superstore in the U.S., which fortunately for me is just a short drive away. My boyfriend Mike and I took a class there last night on Conscious Language and spent hundreds of dollars on foods that I wish every single person on the planet ate. He wanted to participate in the class (as did I), but all I could think about on the way and once there was grabbing every product off the shelf as if I had been living on an island without access to fresh foods and superfoods for years and this was my reuniting with them.

Some of the fascinating phrases and thoughts we heard last night (really think about these!):

Genes have nothing to do with you.
It's the Biology of Belief, not genes.
Do you choose to be conscious?
The illusion is about ready to be transformed.
Battle the darkness.
100% of what is going on in our current world is agreed to.
What are we going to wake up to & what are we going to do with it?
Our greater self is right here, right now!
Be in your consciousness of grace.
My greatest weakness is becoming my greatest strength.
Inspire each other to accept your authority and genius.
If you know the truth of something, you have the power over it.
Pain happens, hurt is optional.
What is it going to take for me to be consistently successful every time?

What to say to yourself on a DAILY BASIS?
I AM living my life!
I reclaim my own life!

Say what your new choice is until you FEEL IT IN YOUR BODY!

VOTE VICTORY for others! See perfection in others and this will support them in seeing it themselves.

Getting back to chocolate...

I am convinced that cacao is an appetite suppressant and slimming for the body, and chocolate expert David Wolfe could explain much better why this is, but I know it to be true. It's not that I gained weight in these last 5 days, but I definitely felt a difference in my body and craved much more food than I usually do, and cooked food, which is rare (pasta, pizza). When I 'give in' I realize just how much it just doesn't work for me anymore! The pleasure and taste is nothing like it used to be. I do admit to eating raw chocolate every day and it's just part of the routine, nothing I put much thought into until it's gone, and I'm suffering (could I be addicted?!) and feeling more bloated and puffy as a result of the choices I've made in this short time.

This is the super delicious smoothie I've made this morning that keeps me feeling great until later in the day. For dinner we'll have fresh greens (maybe even w/out washing them to get some needed B12) that we picked from Raw Vegan Source (they have an amazing permaculture garden) and who knows what else. Please try this at home!

4 cups water (half of which could be coconut water)
2 T raw cacao powder
2 T raw cacao nibs
1 T pine nuts
1 cup raw cashews
6 dates, pitted
2 tsp hemp seeds
2 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp local bee pollen
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup blueberries or 3/4 cups blackberries (experiment w/ local fruits)
1/4 cup dark agave
1/4 tsp Himalayan pink crystal salt
1 T Vitamineral Greens
2 tsp MSM powder
2 tsp Maca Force
1 tsp Truly Vitamin C
small handful goji berries
small handful Incan berries
1 tsp angstrom calcium
1 droppersful Ocean's Alive Marine Phytoplankton

Blend really well. If you don't have every single ingredient, make it anyway!

I also added a droppersful of a tonic called RenewU - from The Herbalist, a local apothecary with excellent formulations (RenewU contains: milk thistle, Oregon grape, dandelion root, burdock root, yellow dock, cleavers, wild indigo, fennel, ginger).

CHILL and serve cold. YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment