Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Art of Allowing Workshop; Abraham-Hicks, Part 2

The moment the girl in the pink sweatshirt (and I'm calling her this because I didn't get her name, even though we did speak later on) poured out her emotions, I KNEW she was the reason I was there. Here's why. I had been feeling some doubt about the change of the name of my blog from the Healing Raw Beauty Blog to Edible Goddess even though I've received amazing support and feedback about it. I had concerns that people would assume I was referring to myself as the Edible Goddess, when really what I am trying to do here is empower others to feel good about themselves via what you put in your mouth and on your skin. That's right, empowerment through raw Superfoods and raw edible beauty, and education based upon the non-sugar-coated (no milk-toast as some friends would say) truth, which seems to be lacking among some health care practitioners.

And so, we all sat there watching this sweet girl bare her heart searching for a way to feel better. I want to feel good, she was saying. I want to feel good about myself. Every single woman (and man) in that audience could relate, and I know this without having even spoken to any of them about this. Who doesn't want to feel comfortable in their own skin? Don't we all desire to feel like we're enough? Yet, whose standards are we living by... someone else's, or our own critical minds? And why aren't we all the most ridiculously happy people on the planet always having the best day ever? Well, I agree w/ what Abraham says: Make peace with where you are... and maybe we'll get there.

I've been super fortunate to have come to the level of self-love that I think escapes many. Edible Goddess is the platform for which I share what I've learned through life experience, self-study of raw foods, Superfoods, and raw beauty, along with the material of those who've paved the way and are truly happy in their life. My intention is that others see the potential within themselves and all the possibilities that actually exist.

After a short break to mingle in the lobby and scurry to find additional books and materials offered at nice discounts, I decided I had no choice but to go over and tell her how fantastic she was for bravely sitting in the hot seat and what I took from it. I gave her my website in hopes she would have the chance to read over this story and come to know the impact she's had on refining my mission in life and therefore thousands of others to come. Thank you immensely girl... if you are reading this, just know that you are perfect as you are! We all want to feel self-appreciation, you just happen to be the one to bring it to our attention in a most powerful way.

I no longer have any doubts whatsoever that this was the right move for this blog and business name change and am actually feeling quite proud that I'm taking this on. Being pure on the inside and outside is a major accomplishment, certainly isn't always easy, yet the rewards are beyond what could be described with words. There's a whole new meaning to mind, body, and soul/spirit after living what I now call the Raw Superfood Edible Goddess Lifestyle. My previous business name/company, Organic Healing, and the Healing Raw Beauty Blog has merged and is now Edible Goddess.

1 comment:

  1. www.carmelaramaglia.com

    Thanks again, can't wait for the next installment...

    Hugs,

    Eric.

    ReplyDelete