Monday, September 14, 2009

Healing From A Car Accident

What happens when something effects your health status / physical body that you didn't expect or intentionally prepare for? As a raw Superfoodie with all the tools, potions, and secret weapons, I'm covered in case of most emergencies, and a minor car accident, such as the one I was in mid-last week is no exception. I've received many requests for me to post my healing strategy for these coming weeks and this is what I got so far.

First, I'd like to mention that I am very fortunate; things could have of course been much worse and I do not take that for granted for one minute. My practitioners have mentioned that I already am, and will heal 100 times faster than the average person due to my lifestyle and eating habits. Ah... what a relief! Because I put food into my body that is already medicinal and therapeutic, I am leaps ahead of where I could be. This information applies to all injuries, traumas, and recovery of any kind: we are more resilient when we fuel our bodies with superior nutrition and can bounce back to the surprise of others.

I believe that thoughts play a major role in healing and I do not believe accidents happen by accident. Things happen for a reason and it's all a matter of perspective. You can disagree, but in my life experience thus far, I've come to see that #1: nothing is put in front of you that you cannot handle, and 2# there are no accidents - read You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay if you think there is a such thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Healing Regenerative Recovery Program:

Morning - fresh homemade vegetable juice
Afternoon - cacao Superfood Blendie (aka: medicinal smoothie) with all my usual Superfoods (green powder, raw cacao, maca, zeolites, and heavy, therapeutic amounts of MSM)
Snacks - WildBar, goji berries, Inca berries
Evening - Superfood salad (mix of leafy greens) with my favorite Creamy Dreamy Green Goddess Dressing (with turmeric and cayenne)
Dessert - Raw Chocolate Dream Nuggets, raw Superfood fudge, or raw banana ice cream (you can whip this up in minutes - no juicer needed, just a food processor) - or I pass on this & finish up the blendie from earlier. These are all guilt-free by the way... so potentially I could have them for breakfast if I wanted, and sometimes I do :)

And For the 'Extras'...
* Easy Qi from Dragon Herbs - just learned about this & am elated there is something specific for the back, neck & shoulders!

* I'm boosting up my intake of Vitamin C thru: Truly Vitamin C and Camu Camu Berry - vitamin C sourced from food actually helps speed recovery. Mix it in spring water or add to a smoothie.

* Vitamineral Green, ReVitaPhi, and Earth - if you've ever read this blog, you know I'm nuts over these products, and that's a good thing, because as noted above, they've created a pretty strong resilient body that has the power to reduce inflammation quicker than had I not been made up of these foods.

* Anything with Enzymes: Living food, actual enzyme supplements, and the Island Fire Elixir (which I used to heal my injured / sprained ankle earlier this year) - it has turmeric, colloidal minerals, and Tahitian Noni

* Shots of wheatgrass are not normally part of my routine, but I'm doing 1 oz shots each time I go down to Seattle for the bodywork sessions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm a very low maintenance girl, yet for quite a while I'll have a high maintenance (pretty strict as recommended) regimen. I'm seeing a holistic (non-traditional / non-'cracking' style) chiropractor 4 times per week, a massage therapist 3 times per week, and am doing Bikram yoga (hot yoga - best yoga ever) at least every other day.

I'm spending 3 hours a day, most days per week, doing this bodywork therapy. Had this accident not happened, there's no chance I would have made the time to 'pamper' myself like this. Practicing Bikram yoga consistently has not been my strength despite my deep desire to be a raw yoga girl. And yet now, I am feeling compelled to do Bikram as a key component in my recovery because when I am in that heated room I can do immensely more with my body than when I'm not.

I wonder how in the world I would be able to do all this work on myself if I worked a 9-5 JOB? There's just no chance it would be possible to take this much time away without losing massive money; thank the Goddesses for passive income.

No comments:

Post a Comment