Thursday, September 4, 2008

Searching.. wandering.. discovering

As I make batch after batch of skincare products this week in preparation for the grandest celebration ever, I have much time to ponder all these random thoughts that come to mind. It just came to me, that I've always been searching in one way or another. Whether for thinner thighs, more pure energy, friends who understood, a true purpose in life, an enriching career that would change the lives of others, a community of people where I felt I belonged, or the next breakthrough idea that brings this line of products together, bringing it to the next level. I'm that girl that has always asked 'Why?'. I remember when I was younger that my family would get fed up with me constantly wondering 'why, why, why?'. I needed an answer for the reasons why everything was the way it was. I feel as though I'm finally getting the answers to not only these deep life questions, but to the ones I've longed for in regard to myself - and my greatest longings are gradually becoming my new reality.

This has only come about the more I purify my body from the toxins of the past. Isn't that fascinating?! We're discovering ourselves from the time we're young, but I've been gifted the opportunity to really get to discover who I really am, as the most recent years pass. That's also because of the age I am I suppose, but I strongly believe it also has much to do with this past year's innate knowing that eating mostly raw would support me through a very trying personal situation. I did not consciously make this decision, my body gravitated toward it, and I'm thankful of this because there are so many unhealthy habits I could have picked up in the meantime as many of us have done in the past - but it didn't go that way. My body told me exactly what I needed. The more I seriously listened (is this cliche?), the more resilent I became; less crying episodes, a real feeling of stability, confidence in myself, anxiety was eliminated - no more walking on shaky ground for me.

The motto that was passed on to me incessantly from my youth, that FINALLY really resonates with me, is 'BELIEVE IN YOURSELF'. I finally get it. The search is not over, nor will it ever be, but I'm better equipped now; it feels like I've got the flashlight and compass and no matter what direction I go it will lead me to the life that has always been just ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment