Friday, July 25, 2008

Summer Raw Cucumber Soup

I unexpectedly came across this recipe and it just so happens that it uses many of my CSA items from this week. I've adapted the recipe; it's not something I ever would have made unless I was presented with the 'stress' of using as much cucumber and squash as possible.

Raw Cucumber Soup

2 cups very hot water or veggie broth
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup shredded/diced summer squash or zucchini
1/2 cup avocado
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp dill
1 clove garlic
cayenne to taste (don't skimp - this is what makes this recipe!)
Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt (use generously)

Blend until smooth. This is so unusually tasty. I'm pleasantly surprised that I was able to use all these summer veggies in a soup that is super refreshing with a spicy kick.

1 comment:

  1. Bethanne~
    I will look forward to trying this yummy recipe.. Please keep them coming.
    Blessings , Marina :)

    ReplyDelete