Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 3: Green Smoothie Challenge

Is it possible to feel worse on a post-raw detox than on a pre-raw detox? This is what's happened to me these last few days and I'm trying to understand the 'how' and 'why' of it all. I LOVE cleansing and do so relatively regularly, specifically in warmer weather. This time however, I was freezing cold the entire time, spacey, disconnected, with a lack of focus and concentration and coordination - and at times felt like I was about to lift off like a balloon. I'm not usually one to experience these severe cleansing crisis', and it proved challenging to continue the program, which I did for 3.5 days. It was so odd and I'm working on getting back into my groove now. I also experienced more pain, stiffness, and aches than ever before. Could it be due to eating cold smoothies in weather that requires winter gear? Maybe so, but it's been frustrating to see how my body reacted this time. I know it's not the Green Smoothie Challenge itself - this I think is an amazing idea and absolutely recommend it to my friends and clients, but maybe I had bad timing this time around. I will certainly do this challenge again, but will wait until the Spring to try again.

For those that have been raw for longer than me (more than 1 year): Is it possible that I've loosened up deep rooted old toxins? This was my first cleanse since being mostly raw, and feel I have been experiencing a more difficult detox, flooding the system with the old b/c of the power of eating cleansing living foods for the past several months. Even when I was eating cooked vegan/some raw fare, my cleanses were never this intense. Has anyone had an experience similar to this? Please share!

Anyway, today (Nov 6) is my 31st birthday and I started the day with my favorite chocolate ever - Sacred Chocolate, the milk chocolate variety - so scrumptious! I know, chocolate for breakfast is clearly the best way to celebrate! An impromptu visit to the bookstore later in the day resulted in finding Matt Amsden's book, Raw Revolution, and a killer recipe in there that was pulled together for dinner. Raw ice cream will follow :)

RAWSTA ALFREDO:

2-3 zucchinis - use spiralizer to make spaghetti

For Sauce:
3/4 cup coconut water (used packaged for convenience)
1.5 cups raw cashews (I plan to try pine nuts or macadamia nuts)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 T nutritional yeast (not raw)
1 avocado
Bundle of fresh arugula
Handful of Sunfood Nutrition kalamata olives

No comments:

Post a Comment