Sunday, May 17, 2009

Need a High Protein Raw Superfood Snack?



I got this recipe out of David Wolfe's new book, Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future and just made a double batch of them now (changing the original recipe just a bit - I omitted the vanilla bean because I didn't have any on hand).

To make eating a high-raw diet easy, it means that you need to have raw food nearby (at least I do, I ALWAYS carry food with me), fresh food and scrumptious snacks in the fridge, all ready to just grab and go. Since I am a woman on the go, I like to have some things prepped ahead of time that are packed full of nutrition to get me through long work days. This is a new favorite of mine:

Spirulina and Chocolate Balls

1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
2 T Spirulina, Healthforce, Manna (Original Species)
1 T Tocotrienols/Rice Bran Solubles (Raw Super Vitamin E)
2 T Coconut Oil/Butter, Sunfood Nutrition (raw, certified organic)
3 T raw, local honey (support your farmer's market)
1 small sprinkle of Pink Crystal Salt

Thoroughly mix with lots of love, rolls into little balls, and freeze for a quick and easy grab and go snack.

And now, if you'd like a potent herbal elixir to have on the side...

16 oz coconut water
1 tsp Merlin's Herbal Magic Roots Elixir

Shake well and enjoy this deliciously energizing and caffeine-free tasty beverage made of all organically-grown and wild-crafted herbs.

Merlin's Herbal Magic Roots Elixir Ingredients:
Maca, Marshmallow Rt., Slippery Elm Bark, Triphala, Ginseng, Nettles, Ashwaganda, Astragalus Rt, Burdock Rt, Dong Quai, Fo-Ti Rt, Kelp Powder, Licorice Rt, Milk Thistle Seed, Pau D'Arco, Sarsaparilla, Saw Palmetto Berries, Shizandra Berries, Wild Yam Rt, Anise Seed, Cinnamon, Ginger, Bilberry Leaf, Catsclaw, Cayenne, Dandelion Rt, Gingko Leaf, Gota Kola, Irish Moss, Olive Leaf, Passion Flower Herb Villa Orchid Bean.

Less is more with this Magic Roots Elixir. I love this blend because it has all sorts of herbs I may not otherwise have on a regular basis, and it's all in one! Test it out to see how much YOU thrive on.

3 comments:

  1. Don't have any tocotrieonols, so I substituted with Ezekiel Cereal. Quite a tasty treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Substituted the tocotrienols with Ezekiel cereal. Worked out quite nicely. In the freezer now. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely! These are filling, so eat slowly - they make such a nice treat, I love them!

    ReplyDelete